You may have seen our recent social media posts on promising to switch our products over to organic, eco friendly shirts and such moving forward. For us, it was a no brainer when we started to learn more about the global supply chain when it came to sourcing materials for OVROUT. So we are actively working on that.
It is our belief that in pursuing our dream of creating a global streetwear brand that empowers, and inspires like minded people to build their dreams through community, we can also do our part for the environment. Take a look at a few key points from this report below, on why eco friendly is a strong way to go:
- Textile waste occupies nearly five percent of all landfill space.
- One million tons of textiles will end up in landfills every year.
- 20 percent of industrial fresh water pollution comes from textile treatment and dyeing.
- In 2009, the world used three trillion gallons of fresh water to produce 60 billion kilograms of fabric.
- It takes 700 gallons of fresh water to make one cotton T-shirt.
- One trillion kilowatt hours are used every year by the global textile industry, which equates to 10 percent of global carbon impact.
(Source: Global Report Market Report on Sustainable Textile, Textile Exchange 2010
Lastly, we want to thank everyone for their continued support, and for your help in building this community and being a plank holder of it. Keep hustling, and keep building your dreams!
Leave a comment